Donate the old fashioned way:
Sea Otter Foundation & Trust
P.O. Box 351946
Westminster, CO 80035
2021 Grant award recipients:
- Alaska SeaLife Center: Grant award helps construct additional sea otter nursery improvements in support of sea otter rehabilitation
- Alaska SeaLife Center: Research award to investigate the presence of pathogens in apparently healthy northern sea otters
- Elhorn Slough Foundation – Reserve Otter Monitoring Program: Grant funds the purchase of iPads to streamline data collection for sea otter monitoring in Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve
- SeaLife Response, Rehabilitation & Research (SR3): Medical equipment, including an ultrasound machine, to facilitate and support field response for Northern sea otters along the Washington coast
- Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine: Dr. Risa Pesapane continues her study (our organization also funded Dr. Pesapane’s work in 2017 & 2018 through the University of California: Davis) investigating sea otter nasal mites and how to potentially eliminate – or greatly reduce – mite spread in zoological facilities.
- Seattle Aquarium: Research award studying whether sea otter populations stabilize ecosystems during climate change. Grant funds the purchase of a Chasing M2 Underwater Remote Operating Vehicle (ROV).
Past grant awardees:
Alaska SeaLife Center, Elkhorn Slough Foundation, The Marine Mammal Center, NOAA’s Team OCEAN, Oregon Wild, Oregon Zoo Foundation, SeaLife Response, Rehabilitation & Research, Seattle Aquarium, Graduate students from Sonoma State University, Stanford University, University of Alberta, University of California Davis & University of California Santa Cruz.
We are a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax deductible. EIN: 46-4183357.